Awards & Accreditations
We are pleased to have worked on projects that have been nominated for or have won the follwing awards:
- Omagh oasis - ‘Excellent’ Whole Project Award for CEEQUAL
- Dromore Central Primary School – Education Infrastructure Award – Winner
- Eolas Building, NUI Maynooth – GB & ROI Construction Award – Winner
- ECA Contractor of the Year up to £20M - Highly Commended
- Killynuare Green - Winner - Best Social Housing Project
- Maynooth University, Eolas Building - LAMA Awards Best Educational Building
- City Quays One - Winner - Commercial Prize - RICS Awards
- North East Cenbtre for Autism - Finalist - LABC Building excellence Awards
- Regional Secure Facitiy - Winner - CEF Construction Excellence Award
- Regional Secure Facility - Winner - Green Apple Built Environment Category
- Craigavon Adult Psychiatric Unit - Winner - Building Better Healthcare Awards
- Craigavon Adult Psychiatric Unit - Winner - Best Mental Health Unit Design
- Craigavon Adult Psychiatric Unit - Winner - RIBA Exhibition Award
- Craigavon Adult Psychiatric Unit - Winner - The international design & Health Award
- Craigavon Adult Psychiatric Unit - Finalist - CEF Specify Construction Excvellence Award
Constructionline is the UK’s register of pre-qualified local and national construction and construction-related suppliers. Constructionline is owned and endorsed by the DTI. As Braham Electrical is a Constructionline registered supplier, you can feel safe in the knowledge that we have been vetted by standards agreed by the OGC common minimum standards and appropriate industry leaders.
NICEIC is the UK’s leading voluntary regulatory body for the electrical contracting industry. It has been assessing the electrical competence of electricians for over fifty years. Electricians registered with NICEIC are assessed on a regular basis to ensure high standards and their work is checked against the IEE Wiring Regulations BS 7671 as well as other standards.
Registered Electrical Contractors of Ireland
Braham Electrical is approved by the Register of Electrical Contractors of Ireland (RECI) for all works in Southern Ireland. RECI is appointed by the Commission for Energy Regulation to carry out the function of regulating electrical contractors with respect to safety on its behalf. The objective of the system is to protect the safety interest of customers.
The Safe T Cert is a recognised system under the ‘Build-Safe’ initiative in Northern Ireland and the ‘Construction Safety Partnership’ in the Republic of Ireland. Braham Electrical hold a current certificate, being awarded the Safe T certificate means that we demonstrate effective health and safety systems and procedures and take a proactive approach to risk management.
Electrical Contractors' Association
Founded in 1901, the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) is the UK’s leading trade association representing the interests of contractors who design, install, inspect, test and maintain electrical and electronic equipment and services. Braham Electrical are an ECA approved member.
Institution of Lighting Proffesionals
The Institution of Lighting Professionals (ILP) is the UK and Ireland's largest and most influential professional lighting association, dedicated solely to excellence in lighting. Founded in 1924 as the Association of Public Lighting Engineers, the ILP has evolved to include lighting designers, consultants and engineers amongst its 2,000 strong membership.
The concept of Licence to Practice for UK Electrical Workers has been under consideration since 1970. The SparkSafe Licence to Practice system became a Northern Ireland reality from march 2014. Connecting the competency of individual electrical workers with contracts is central to the aims of the SparkSafe initiative. The system brings a new focus to the value and competency of individual electrical workers. Up until January 2014 the emphasis of selecting an electrical contractor for a tendering competition was determined using credentials that often overlook the contribution of the individual worker. Since March 2014, the Central Procurement Directorate (CPD) and Centre's of Procurement Expertise (CoPE) organisations have been progressively featuring the following requirements in public sector tenders - Electrical Contractors must be registered with SparkSafe LtP Any subcontractor(s) undertaking electrical work must be registered with SparkSafe LtP All electrical workers employed to undertake electrical work on the contract must be Licenced to Practice